Friday 23 September 2011

Day 1

Well this is my first blog, so here goes. I made it all the way to Australia after a 21 hour flight. I sat beside a lovely gentlemen who happened to be a proud newlywed. I think he may have been rubbing it in a bit. Customs was a mess, but Australia is beautiful! The leaders that picked me up from the airport were ones I had met once before and are so nice. Everyone here is so welcoming, which is good because I was definitely nervous. I have moved into my room, and the view out my window is amazing! I just got to see a bunch of parrots on the lawn. Also, I am told that they have wallabies (little kangaroos) on property. I met most of the team and played some board games with the families. I met one little girl who met me and five minutes later had her arms wrapped around me for the rest of the afternoon. I am off until monday, when the newest member of the team comes.

"Be strong. therefore, and let not your hands be weak and slack, for your work shall be rewarded." 2 Chronicles 15:7




No comments:

Post a Comment